Monday, May 12, 2008

Everything Concerning You



This morning, I was reading in 1st Peter and I came upon this verse: "Let him have all your worries and cares, for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you". Sometimes, I start to worry about things in the future or how my life is going to go or is progressing at this point in time. Recently, I've been going through a bit of a rough time so this verse was comforting and a good promise to hold onto. I like how is says first, let him have ALL your worries and cares and then second, he is Always thinking about ME and watching EVERYTHING that Concerns me!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great! Now, I just need to start living like I believe this promise is true, and as I just go stressed about something else while writing this, I know I have a long way to go....................
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sarah Mally said...

Dear Chrissy,

Thank you for sharing that verse! We all need constant reminders about the constant care and love of our Good Shepherd. This morning I was reading and thinking about waiting with eager expectation for the Lord. "My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning." I've also been thinking about the verse "my expectation comes only from Him." It's so easy to be disappointed or hurt because of the expectations we have of others or becasue we are looking to others for approval or to meet our needs. But when we truly look to the Lord, we are never, never disappointed!
The flowers on your blog are so pretty! May the Lord bless you in a very special way today. I'm praying for you.
Love,
Sarah

Bekah May said...

I'm glad you've been writing more, Chrissy! I really enjoy reading your thoughts.

I've been praying for you, and I miss seeing you! What would we do without blogs to keep in touch??? :-)

Love, Pooh

Lydia said...

what a very wonderful reminder for this new week :)

Anonymous said...

I love this verse too, Chrissy. I think it's awesome that God actually asks us to let Him carry our burdens. Every other religion places huge pressures and requirements on its followers, but our God asks to carry ours, even the "little" things. He wants it all. Wow, now that's humbling!