Friday, March 13, 2009

Thank You

First, I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support! It's hard yet it's comforting to know that she was ready to go and see Jesus! Praise God! Sometimes we're okay, and other times we cry but I'm so glad God's in control.
Right now my Grandma, because of having such a large stroke is brain dead on the left side. The left side is swollen and continuing to swell. It's become clear that it's God's timing and she's will be walking with Jesus hand in hand and she'll be able to see once again. So right now, we are just staying with her and the hospital is making sure that she is comfortable. We don't really know when she'll go but probably soon. The doctor said probably this weekend but it could be longer.
Thank you so much for all your prayers once again! It's such a relief to know that she won't have to suffer. Also, a big answer to prayer for me, is that no tough decisions had to be made about stuff like pulling the plug or not; you know what I mean.
The Neurologist was really really good and kind and very down to earth in his explaining about what is going on. I guess this is one of the worst if not the worst strokes he has seen.
The new doctor that she now has, has been a my parent's doctor and my Aunt and Uncle's doctor in the past and he's a Christian! This is another wonderful blessing.
Grandma appears pretty restful and she's on her way to glory! I can't wait to see her when I get to go as well. Love you soooo very much Grandma! I couldn't have asked for a better grandma than you!

3 comments:

Dani said...

Dearest Chrissy,
I'm praying for you. You guys have come to my thoughts soooo many times today. Praise God that Grandma is ready to see Him!! I'm sorry you're hurting... I love you.

Anonymous said...

Chrissy, we're all praying for your grandma and your family.

Love,

The Luecke's

McDill Family said...

Chrissy, I talked to your Dad this afternoon. Know that we are praying for all of you, we miss you and we love you! We know the peace that comes from knowing a loved one is in Heaven with our Father but it's also hard sometimes to let them go. Hugs to you and the family! David, Sandi, Hannah & Colin