Tuesday, September 1, 2009


Okay, so I think that all of you probably know this already but I was accepted into YWAM's PhotogenX DTS for next April. I feel very excited and blessed that God has shown me what is next in my life. Right now I would ask you to join with me and others in prayer concerning whether to raise support for this trip. I don't know if it's God's will that I pay for all of it, the first three months of training and raise support for the outreach part, or raise support for all of it? This is the question of the hour.

Oh, thanks for all those who prayed for my quad because it is fine now. Sometimes I can still feel it just a little but it's so much better and I can run again without medication :) I'm looking forward to the race which is in a little more than 2 weeks!

This summer has been very different for me with being the one in my family who has stayed home while my family has traveled and with working. I still really really enjoy my job and know it was God who gave it to me. I have met lots of new wonderful people this year and made so many new friends!

The newest thing in my life right now is that I and some others have started an international student outreach at COE college here in CR. This is something that God has laid on all our hearts and it's been neat to see how He's brought us together. We are going to try and have an international food night for the students every month. If you are interested in meeting some foreign students and reaching out to them with the love of Christ let me know. The next meeting at the end of this month is most likely going to be at our house if you would like to come. Maybe you'll really hit it off with one or two of the students and you can have them over sometime. You never know what God has in-store!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your prayer!! God bless!

7 comments:

Dani said...

Oh. My. Word.
She posted.

ps- you look a little wicked in your pic. Are you?

Kitti Klicks said...

You would say that! And to answer your question, yes. I have an evil sinister heart! lol

Bekah May said...

I'm with Dani...I almost fell over when I saw that you posted. Hurray! Now I know what you've been up to recently. :-)

The outreach at COE sounds awesome! I'll be praying for you. I guess I didn't realize that there were that many exchange students that came to COE...

And I can't wait to hear all about the race coming up! I'm so proud of you. And I'm glad your leg is feeling better.

Toodles!

Grace Mally said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Chrissy.... your birthday is not over yet! 38 more mintues to celebrate.....! :)

It was great seeing you today.
Lots of love,
Grace

Dani said...

MAN, I love David Phelp's hair.

Dani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dani said...

Well folks, I guess those of us who sometimes hopefully venture across this little tract of blogland should probably put on mourning and bewail the death of a blog. *sigh!* Yet another bites the dust because of facebook.

(Har har Chrissy! Approve this comment. Just DO it.)