Saturday, July 18, 2009

I have a plan for you...

Okay, so over the past few weeks the Lord has really done a lot! Those of you who I have talked to or who have FB know that God has graciously answered 2 huge prayers that have been long in coming :) Anyway, the big news for you who don't yet know is that I'm applying for Youth With A Missions Discipleship School for next spring. I'm pretty much sure I will be accepted. (I'm not trying to sound arrogant I just feel like God has told me that this is what I'm suppose to do and to not doubt; and given me many signs of encouragement.) It's YWAM photography DTS and so they teach you how to use photography for missions! I really excited!!!

So next April I will be on my way to Hawaii for three months and then to another unknown country for 2 to 3 months :) I'm not complaining about the HI part. LOL I've wanted to go to HI for years and I think it's going to be great and warm! Oh I plan on being able to check one thing off my "To Do Before I Die" list; surfing!

Thanks to all of you who have prayed over the years for God to guide me to what He wants for my life. I'm excited because this is just one more time He has been faithful and let me have light for one more step. I'm also excited because who knows what the future holds. One thing I really like about YWAM is that after you go through the DTS I get the impression that it's pretty easy to get plugged into their ministry. Also, I would have the option to do their 2 year photography program where you travel around the world. Who knows what's in store. I will just obey as He leads one step at a time :)

Life has been different for me the last 2 months because of now having a job. I really like meeting new people and getting to know the members and my coworkers; oh and the pay checks :) It isn't always wonderful and my time is definitely more limited but I like it for the most part and I know this job is from God!

I have a small prayer request for anyone who thinks of it. I need to start training for my half marathon again but my leg is still hurting. (I stretched my muscle in my quad a while back.) Of course I really haven't been taking care of it except for not exercising. Anyway, I'm going to try and start running again this coming week and I would just like pray that God heals me. Thanks!

10 comments:

-C A I T L Y N said...

well number one I am so glad you finally blogged...you prolly have people who think you dies! two, Chrissy I am so excited for you and to see where God continues to lead you! You have a servant's heart and you are going to do great! I will continue to pray for you and even though I am going to miss you greatly you are going to be stretched, molded, and refined for His glory...three, you better run to win that race...lol..jkjk
Finally four! I love you and thanks for being there for me even when I am blah and no fun! I could not ask for anyone better!

Bekah May said...

As I was reading through your post, all I kept thinking was, "Isn't God good? Isn't He just SO GOOD?". You have been faithful to wait on God's timing and His plan, and I love being a spectator and watching it all come together! I HATE the idea of you leaving, but I'm cheering for you, sista'! And I hope your leg heals up quickly.

Believing that Christ is (right now)and is going to do great things through you. I love you!

Kitti Klicks said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments! They make me happy and make blogging worth it :) Even if it is so much slower than FB

You are wonderful friends! Thanks too for the encouragement and support!

Chelsea said...

WOW! that is AWESOME news! The Lord is so good! :)

Bekah May said...

Nice pic of David. :-) I brought up your blog and was
like, "Whoa...That's not Chrissy!". lol

Sarah Mally said...

I just checked your blog. Yay--you posted! Wow, looks like you have a lot of adventures ahead. :-) I'm excited for you! Miss ya, Sarah P.S. Come by and visit us again soon!

Karissa said...

I am so excited for you, sister! It's so neat to watch how God is leading you.
Keep posting!!
~Karissa from South Korea
(where God has me right now!)

Elyssa M said...

Oh Chrissy, I'm so excited for you! Thank you for being such a good example of waiting on the Lord. I'll be praying for you as you continue this process. God is so good to combine several things you love so much travel, missions, and photography.
Love you! -Elyssa

Elyssa M said...

Oh Chrissy, I am so excited for you! Thanks you for being such a good example of waiting patiently on the Lord. I'll be praying for you as you continue this process! God is so good to give you a future combining several things you love; travel, photography, and missions!
Love you, Elyssa

Prachar family said...

WOW, amazing plans for your life...no shock when they are from Him! We are so excited about what you are called to do and can't wait to follow you on your journey! Praying for the leg and all else that you are doing!