Thursday, July 1, 2010

Beginning a New Chapter....

In one way it's hard to believe that it was already 3 months ago that I said goodbye to friends, family, and my home. It's been an amazing time. It's been life changing, challenging, encouraging, one of the most difficult times of my life, fun/ blast, exciting, and stretching. But this has all come to an end and I will be leaving tomorrow morning. I need to be ready at 4:45 so I probably won't sleep much tonight; I'll have many hours to sleep traveling to the other side of the world. This has been an amazing time and a gift from God! I'm so ready to go though. I've been wanting to leave for somewhere around the last 2 weeks and it's finally here!!!

We will be traveling through Japan and Singapore before we get to India. We could arrive to Dharmapuri as late at Sunday morning depending on whether we take the train or bus from Chennai. We will stay with our first contact for 2.5 weeks, go to a new location, go back to the first place, and sometime half of our team will head to N. India to work in the red light district. Please pray that I would be one of the people who get to go. This is something that I said I wanted to do before I even arrived here in Kona.

I'm a little apprehensive but I think that it will be better once we're there. I can feel myself getting really excited that it's finally D-Day! I'm so excited to be heading over to Asia once again!

Please pray for unity in our team. I think that we can have a really powerful outreach if we are unified but if not, it's really going to hurt us. We have a large team of 20 including our leaders so this can make it more difficult. Thank you so much for your many prayers. God has definitely been working on us already.

I'm not sure what the internet service will be like over there at this time. I will try and make time to post updates when I can. As always, thank you for the support, love, and prayers!

Love, Chrissy

Pictures from our last ending celebration for lecture phase:
Dawn, my beloved friend and fellow India teammate

Dork :)

Our Leader/PhotogenX President, Paul, doing a New Zealand traditional dance the "Haka". He's really a wonderful, funny, down to earth guy :); really. LOL

Dawn, presenting her idea/the classes' house warming gift to Paul, Susi, and their two children. We got them a trampoline :)

The India team provided some of the entertainment for the night. We attempted to share our new learned hula for outreach: Parte Parte. It was a blast!

The meal was amazing!!! Complete with Hors d'oeuvres, appetizers, salad, main meal, and dessert! It was so very wonderful after eating YWAM food for most of our meals.

Roomies aka the three musketeers!


Two more of my beautiful friends. Kailyn was my work duty buddy and she is also going to India!!! Hooray!

1 comment:

Dani said...

bWOW! AWESOME pictures! I love them! And I am praying for you girl.