Wednesday, December 17, 2008

100th Post!!!

Drum roll please! It's my 100th Post! Wow, it sure has taken me awhile but the day has finally arrived.
I had a personal photo shoot this morning. And for those of you who are wondering, the bird is my friend, Flo. ( I told you Dani!)
This post has multiple purposes as you will see. One of those is to just show you what it looks like here in Iowa for those of you who aren't here. We had a snow storm yesterday and as a result today it's beautiful! I'm dreaming of a white Christmas!!!!!!!!!

I love the snow in contrast to the little crab apples!


My cute doggie, Levi. Winter is definitely his favorite time of year! I think you should have lived somewhere where there is snow most of the year.





And then, last week I had a party to go to so I decided to make Christmas cookies. It took quite awhile but I enjoyed doing it and being creative!

Some of the end results. They were good!

I guess I'll close up this post by first saying thank you to all the comments on my last post! Glad you enjoyed that recipe as well. And then I want to leave you with a quote that I might take the time to expound on later but not now.
We are so obsessed with doing that we have no time and no imagination left for being. As a result, men are valued not for what they are but for what they do or what they have- for their usefulness.
- Thomas Merton.







5 comments:

Bekah May said...

Congratulations, Chrissy! I didn't know you had so much to say to the world. :-) I'll catch up to you one of these days...

Dani said...

Flo is darling. :)
And you look cute in a head scarf too!!

Sarah Mally said...

Congratulations on 100 posts! :-) Yes, I'm so happy to be an Iowan. The snow is incredible. I hope we get more! I enjoy your blog, Chrissy. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Merry Christmas! Love, Sarah

Chelsea said...

first, flo is cute (i'm jealous!). second, you cut your hair! i love it! :) merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures......with the snow........and what a cute idea; having the pink tag on Levi's collar MATCH the background paper on your blog!