Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's all about Jesus


A week or so ago I received a comment on my blog from an Anonymous reader. I've been wanting to reply to it but I haven't yet. So out of the fear that they wouldn't see my reply, if I just left a comment, I decided to post about it. If you didn't see it, this is what the comment said:

"I think what your doing is amazing. I wish God called me to do such work. Its odd but I sometimes wonder if God cares at all. Well, cares about me I mean. I just wonder why I can't be as happy as others that I see around me, but it comforts me knowing that he has chosen such a wonderful person like yourself to do great things. As long as others are happy, that is all that matters. God bless."
Wow, is the first thing I'm going to say. I'm going to write this to you whoever you are.
I would like to share with you something that God showed me before I arrived and while I was in Asia. First, He showed me that I shouldn't be comparing myself to others. Second, He showed me that the "success" of my trip didn't depend on what I did but that I did what God wanted me to do. Third, He showed me further what the second thing meant when I was in Thailand. While I was still here in America I was expecting to teach more English classes than I did when I was there. What we ended up doing much of my time there, which I wasn't expecting at all, was helping with the craft part of kids camps. As we were trying to come up with ideas for crafts, making examples, and doing more cutting out of craft supplies than I have ever done in my life I wondered what was the point. I mean I'm over here in Asia spending hours on crafts for kids which are most likely going to end up on the ground in pieces or in the garbage at some point in time. But God showed me something, He showed me that this is what He had for me to do. Even though it didn't make sense to me why I would come to Thailand to help with so many crafts God knew. It doesn't matter what He wants us to do. He doesn't measure greatness the same way we do. Remember Jesus and the little children? He saw things much differently than the 12, didn't He?
Jesus was showing me that my eyes were not to be on what I was doing or what great things or even what little things I was doing but my eyes were and are suppose to be on Him. It's not about making a name for Chrissy, or that people will be impressed with what she is doing, or that people will remember her when she dies, but that all she does brings glory and honor to the name of the Lord.
I remember, there was a time after I graduated from high school that I was really struggling. I was mad at God for not showing me what I was suppose to do. It was a time of testing my faith. I cried and prayed and told God what I was feeling like. It was tough but since then I have learned that I can trust my Lord. I've learned that He has called me to trust Him and walk one step at a time in what He wants for my life. Sometimes I know what He wants me to do 6 months into the future, other times not even 1 month. But I can trust Him. He is faithful.
Don't let Satan deceive you into thinking that God doesn't care. Sometimes, He allows us to go through the valley to draw us closer to Him. Sometimes we go our own way and find ourselves wanting to eat the food we're feeding to someone's pigs. But just like the prodigal son we can always come home again. At times it's hard to forgive myself I feel like God can't forgive me until I get myself back on the right track. This is so not true. Jesus' blood shed for me is the only reason I can even approach God the Father not because of Chrissy.
You also mentioned you don't know why can't you be happy like other people are happy. I want to remind you that happiness isn't lasting. Happiness is determined by our circumstances while the Lord's joy and peace only comes from Him. Someone can be hurting and going through something as hard as a loss of a child and still have God's peace and joy in their lives. Seek the things that are eternal not temporal.
I also want to encourage you to put your eyes on Jesus Christ and not other or yourself. If you're angry at God, tell Him. I've been there, I've done that, I'm sure I'll go though it again. One verse that I really like is the one about how we have a high priest who understands what we're going though because he has gone through it or something like that (that was way paraphrased). You see no matter what we're feeling or going through He understands and wants us to tell Him. Once you tell Him listen and look for His answers.
One more thing, remember that the grass always looks greener on the other side. What you are seeing on my posts are the highlights. Just because I travel to Asia and maybe you haven't traveled out of the country doesn't mean that what God is having me do is better than what He wants you to do. It's not at all. Ask Him and see that He is faithful. Seek Him and find that He cares for you. There is nothing in the world, not travel, success, money, or fame, that is better than a relationship with Jesus Christ! Everything else only brings temporary pleasure but will eventually become just like everything else. Look at Solomon's life, this man had everything anyone could ever want yet it came back to God for even him. There is nothing sweeter that knowing and drawing closer to our Lord. It's not about do's and don'ts it's about knowing Him and being known by Him!


5 comments:

Bekah May said...

I really hope the anonymous person reads this post. You hit the nail on the head, Chrissy! I was encouraged, too.

Kitti Klicks said...

thanks you two!

Prachar family said...

WOW, thanks for that timely reminder!! You nailed something many know but often forget. I needed to hear what you said, and I hope others who needed to hear it will be likewise blessed. You are wise beyond your years! Keep the faith! BTW, may I use part of that for our December newsletter to our supporters?? I will list your blog as the source.

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Prachars,

thanks alot! It's all Jesus!

-chrissy

PS I sent you an email answering your questions. Tell me if you didn't receive it. Thanks!

Kitti Klicks said...

Chrissy, I finally got back on your blog tonight and read from where I had left off.........all I can say is "Jesus is really REAL". Otherwise, you wouldn't have any of those things in your heart to share. I give him all the praise and glory.
Mom