Sunday, May 23, 2010

Waving Goodbye to Week 6.....

Wow, it's hard to believe in a way that we just finished our sixth week of the lecture phase of DTS. That means we are half way through and a 1/4 of the way through the whole school. I'm sorry that I have been so bad about communication during this first part. It's been pretty intense and the Lord has been teaching me a lot as well as digging deep into my heart.

During these weeks God has been challenging me and shaping me and stretching me. It's been a painful process at times yet, as Brandon would say "It's a good hurt". The topics that we have covered are: Hearing God's Voice, Character and Nature of God, Lordship, Freedom in Christ, Father Heart of God, and Worldview. That was quite the line up and definitely no messing around. lol It's caused me to struggled over things that I've wondered about off and on through the years. This has forced me to think about these issues more than I have before. I've learned that God is a lot bigger than I thought He was and realize I put Him in boxes that He's way too big for.

During the Lordship week God threw me totally out of my comfort zone and really did some work in my life. I felt like He had some big things He wanted to do in that week. And He did work; one night all I could do for awhile was cry because of how wonderful He is and how much He loves me.

Freedom in Christ I thought was going to be an easy week at the beginning but it ended up being one of the toughest weeks yet. That week was complete with soul searching and confession. It's one of those things I desired just about as much as a swift kick to the butt; however, it was really good and necessary. It's humbling to see the depravity and deep dirtiness of my own soul.

Then Father Heart of God was emotional as well but in more of an encouraging/build up way than weeks previous. I think it was refreshing for some of us and healing as well. The speaker was just amazing and had such a heart for people that only God can give someone. His name is John Leach and he's a pastor in CO. You can listen to his sermons online at JFC.org . I think most everyone in our class loved him and it's like he actually became to us the like the Father Heart of God. It was amazing! God's love was just so clear through him.

At the end of the week the staff, leaders, and John prayed for us and blessed/spoke into or over our lives what they felt God was saying. While I was waiting my turn I desperately wanted John's group to pray for me. At times I had faith I would get his group and then other times I tried to prepare myself mentally that it was okay if I didn't. I know God can speak through others just as much as the speaker. God was merciful to me though and his group did pray for me! I was so very happy! What happened next even more encouraging and exciting. Everyone prayed for me a little and then John spoke what he felt like the Holy Spirit was telling him about me and my life. Then others also spoke out. What John and Christian (one of my school leaders) said just really lined up. They lined up with things from my past and what I believe God is showing me about the future and what He's given me a heart for. I believe that day was to encourage me, show me once again God's deep care and love for me, and then to give me direction for the future :)

Worldview, wasn't at all what I was expecting but that is okay. I was expecting more of the Perspectives on the World Christian Movement style for those of you who know what that course is. It ended up being a very hard week at times for me as well as boring. I highly disagreed with things our speaker said at times and my beliefs were challenged. It ended up being so very good for me to experience this. She had some good points as well just incase you get the impression that she didn't have anything worthwhile to say.

There has been a lot of fun that's been going on here as well. Because we are in the PhotogenX DTS we get to go on trips at least every other Saturday. It's been really cool to see some of the island that a lot of us wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for these outings.

I would ask you to pray for me that I would continue to be open to everything God has to teach me the second half of this lecture time. That God would bless our photography, prepare and unify our outreach teams (there's teams going to India, Philippines, Latin America, Haiti/Dominican Republic), and for God to prepare the way for us and the people's hearts. Also, for myself, my family, and my man, Brandon, during the rest of the time that I'm gone.

Thanks you so much once again for all your support!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Chrissy, thanks so much for the synopsis of your weekly speakers. It was good to see it presented in order and how God has been working in you and others. He certainly is worthy of our praise. We love you bunches and bunches. (your brother just got back from Ironman II and is all excited!)