Monday, December 10, 2007

It is Finished

I thought I would share some thoughts that I've had during my quiet time. And I guess I'll dub this post and others like it "Kitti's Skratchings".



I was reading in one of the gospels where Jesus said that He had the power to lay done His life and take it up again. I was thinking about this and how He proved He did have the power He claimed by what happened when He was up on the cross. Picture Him there suffering and all the sudden He says "It is Finish" and then committes His spirit into the Fathers hands and dies. And then the Lord showed me that if He had the power to lay His life down, He could have done it at any given moment. He could have done it when He was shedding great drops of blood in the garden, when His friends deserted Him, when Peter denied Him, when He was beaten and mocked and suffered the pain of a crown of thorns being pushed into His skull, when He was struggling up the hill bearing His own cross weak from the loss of blood, and then when He suffered the excruciating pain of those spikes being hammered into His wrists and ankles. But He didn't! "He willingly endured the cross despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God" so that we could have eternal life. He waited to commit His spirit until "It is FINISHED"!

1 comment:

Bekah May said...

Wow, girlfriend! Thanks for sharing that. Very encouraging! What a Savior we serve ~Bekah