Monday, August 25, 2008

For me to live....

Two portions of scripture that I like are, Phil. 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. and Matt. 16:24-26 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. “For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?


I think that the first verse is a great life statement! Now the hard part is living it out. Many christian would probably say, and they might even follow through with dying for Christ but the real question is, will we live for him?! Sometimes, in life, I find it easier than others but I'm definitely still a diamond in the rough!


As for the second verse, Jesus used it to help me recently. One thing I find myself struggling with is wanting to have fame and fortune. It might sounds silly but it's easy for me to look at hollywood actresses and wish that I could have their lives. I think it would be fun to act for a job and to have a beautiful singing voice would be amazing. But God is faithful and He showed me that yes I could be an actress (whether I really would make it or not is a whole other issue:) but what is more important? Having fame and fortune (not that there is necessarily anything wrong with those) or investing in ministry? He showed me that those actresses and actors have their rewards and joy and pleasure now but with His work the rewards are long term. And might I mention, His way also seem to come with many joys and pleasures, from what I've experienced.

So, may God make all our live to be living examples of these two verses. That when we go to be with him, people can truly say of us that we gave up our lives to find them, we forfeited our lives to gain our soul, and for us to live was Christ and to die was simply gain!!! To bring greater praise and glory to God the Father!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Crissy! I'm so excited you can go back to S'pore again! I'll miss you, but I know you'll have a great time. Praying for you, and waiting for updates as you're able...
Love ya!