Monday, August 25, 2008

Help me want to obey.....

Have you ever known something was the right thing to do but you still didn't want to do it? And then have you ever addressed that problem with praying Lord, help me to want to obey? I know that I have!
I was reading through some of the old entries in my journal last night, when I can across a reference to a verse that encouraged me. It's Phil. 2:13 and it says: For God is at work within you, helping you to want to obey him, and then helping you to do what he wants. (The Living Bible translation.) I found this very encouraging! It was reassuring to see what I was praying was actually biblical and God would want me to pray that.
This verse also shows me that God knows our weakness even better than we do. He understands that not only can we not obey him on our own but we can't even desire to want to obey him. I'm so glad that I serve a God that understands me way better than I do myself, (because all of us girls know how horrible difficult our emotions can be to figure out sometimes!) and is so gracious, loving, and understanding to me.
Thank you Lord for faithfully working on my stubborn hard heart helping me want to obey!

No comments: