Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting a Perspective

Okay fellow Christ Followers, I have something I want to share with you that really was a huge blessing to me this past year. It's a course called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement.


It about a year ago when a friend told me about something called Perspectives and how it really changed her life and how I should definitely take it. When we returned from the conferences we were helping with in FL I was so surprised to open the church bulletin and see printed in big font "PERSPECTIVES". Our church was coordinating a perspective course for the first time since we've been there. Needless to say that pretty much convinced me that I God wanted me to go. So I did, along with my whole family, as well.


It was such a blessing to me! I think the main thing that I got out of it was that everything that God does is for His glory!!! I really would encourage any Christian to take Perspectives.


I'll give you a quick overview of what the course is like, but if you want more info or if you want to find a class in your area you can go to: http://www.perspectives.org/site/pp.aspx?c=eqLLI0OFKrF&b=2806295

Okay, during the course you go listen to a speaker once a week. Last year our church held the meeting on Sunday night but this year it's going to be on Tue. Then during the rest of the week you have some reading assignments. The amount that you have to read depends on the which way you choose to take the course. There are three ways which you can choose to take it. Audit, certificate, or credit. If you take it for certificate or credit you have an open book quiz every week.

The course is a little pricey but if you compare it to a college course it's not. It's $200 dollars for the audit and certificate and then $400 for the credit. The course was totally worth it, though!!!! Another plus is that once you take pay once you can go back for free any year after.


This course is very missions focused but it's not just for those who want to go to the field it's for everyone. Just because you might feel like God doesn't want you to on "the missions field" there are still things He has for all of us to do from here. So check it out, be encouraged in your faith and walk, and risk getting a new perspective on life.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Crissy,

When does the new Perspectives class start? Or has it already?

Kitti Klicks said...

Hey Amy,

I believe it start in early Jan. so you haven't missed it! Sign up today!

-Chrissy

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely thinking of it! Perspectives has been on my list of things I really want to do, so maybe this is a good opportunity. Are you going to re-take it?

Kitti Klicks said...

Yes, I think that I'm going to be going to hear the speaker whenever it works out. I can't wait!