Saturday, February 14, 2009

With Valentines over...


I didn't receive any roses or candy for Valentines Day which I would have no problem with at all but what I did receive was far greater. In fact I receive it everyday; the love and acceptance from my Savior and Father in heaven.
Recently, God has been teaching me and showing me He is totally trust worthy for whatever happens in my life. He has also been asking me to wait on Him once again. (I feel like I have had to wait on Him a lot of my life since graduating and I have found this to be something that is very hard, yet worth it.) I'm sometimes fearful but when I remember God's wonderful huge love for me, that He is total control of everything, and that He knows what is best; then I can once again rest assured.
Last night, I decided that I needed to clean my room. I was in a romantic mood so I lit two candles and turned on a lamp. I decided that wasn't quite the mood I wanted so I lit two more candles and turned off the lamp and put some instrumental music on. I didn't just want to just clean my room, I wanted to do it romantically.
After I finished I reclined on my bed and watched the candles flicker on the walls and listen to the music play. I talked to Jesus and told him how I was feeling as I was winding down to go to sleep. It was a very nice time.
I was thinking about it, just because we singles aren't married doesn't mean we shouldn't do romantic things. Think about it, God is very romantic. Romance in the right way is a very beautiful wonderful thing. So let us, whether single, married, or widowed be in a romantic relationship with the Lord. Letting Him and asking Him to draw us closer to His side, listening to catch His every whisper, and feeling and seeing His every touch in our everyday lives!
O Lord you're beautiful,
Your face is all I seek;
And when Your eyes are on this child,
Your grace abounds to me.

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

*sigh* what a great way to spend an evening!

Dani said...

"I didn't just want to just clean my room, I wanted to do it romantically."
Ohhh my Chrissy, you make me laugh!! :) And I love you for it! This post was wonderful, challenging, encouraging.... I liked it a lot. Thank you.

Bekah May said...

Beautiful. From another sappy single ~Bekah

Kitti Klicks said...

I love you guys! Thanks for the great and funny comments!

-Chrissy

Sarah Mally said...

Cleaning your room by candlelight? I'll have to say that's something I've never done, even though I do love candles. :-) Thanks for sharing this post. In His presence is FULLNESS of joy--it can't get any better than that. Hugs, Sarah

Grace Mally said...

Sarah told me about your post and I just thought it was sort of...um... funny...until I read the post and saw your true point about cultivating and seeking "romance" with the Lord. Very good post and great reminder! It's amazing how the God who came down with flames on Mt Sinai causing the whole mountain to smoke also draws us to Himself in tenderness. Can't get a better picture of "tough + tender" !