Monday, September 29, 2008

Our Stay in KL

Dear Friends, I'm behind in my posting so I think that I'll play check up tonight. We spent a week in KL, Malaysia where we held two BL conferences. For all you Americans who really don't know much about other countries let alone where cities are (like myself), KL is the capital of Malaysia.


The conferences went well in KL. During the Strong in the Lord Conference which was held during three week nights, we Americans did something different than we have ever done before. While the team leaders were leading the small groups we decided to take that time to pray. We usually don't have the opportunity to do this because we are either leading small groups ourselves or are busy with other things. But I really think that this was from the Lord and I know that I found it to be a refreshing time for me spiritually. After praying either the first or second night we already saw an answer or answers to prayer! The Lord is good!


So after the conferences were over some of us along with some families there took us around to see the twin towers! They are the tallest twin towers in the world. We couldn't go up in them because it was at night but I'm glad we went at that time so we could see all the lights!


Sorry the first pic is sideways.



Here they are! It was pretty cool at night.



Here is Nickie and my host family in KL. Auntie Irene, Aaron, Debra, (and Uncle Paul I believe was at work). This pic was snapped right before we left on the bus back to Singapore.


Another really cool answer to prayer that happened while we were in KL happened right before we were about to leave. All of us were on our bus waiting to leave when the bus people said that there was one to many people on. There was a mistake and we hadn't purchased enough tickets. Uncle Thomas said okay he would buy another ticket but they wouldn't let him even though there were enough seats. They didn't seem like they were going to change their minds and one of the other passengers spoke up and said just to get off because the bus was already 10 min late. So poor Uncle Thomas had to have one of the local girls get off and she was going to have to come on another bus later. It was sad to see her go and so without even realizing it groups of us started to pray together that she could come. She actually got off the bus but the next thing we know she was back! I remember praying that they would be lenient and in the end they allowed Uncle Thomas to buy another ticket! Praise God! He truly directs the hearts of men even when they don't fear Him!


Chels and I enjoying the very front seat of the bus on the second level! A wonderful view!


And then on more on a funny note, sleeping was a dangerous thing for some on the bus! Evan and Amelia were the victims of the ever ready prankster Chels and Dani. Chelsea had shaving cream in her carry on bag (I have no idea why so don't ask! Maybe it was a premeditated scheme.) and so they squirted some on a piece of paper and then put it on the sleeper's noses. I didn't really think it was a good idea in the beginning but it turned out to be really funny. Evan and Amelia both were very surprised I think!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hi sissy,

nice pics........Aunt Irene looks kind of like Carolyn to me......the shaving creme prank looks cute....Chelsea and Dani had told us about it last night along with the video of the hotel room pranks

love you, mom