Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dani

Happy Birthday Dani!!!!
Everyone, it's Danielle's 24th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I expect all of you who know her to send her a birthday comment :)
Wow Dani, what can I say? I wanted to let you know how special you are to me by giving you your own special post on my blog. I can't tell you how wonderful you are or how much I appreciate your friendship. You are such a good friend and a great older sister, Jie Jie!
I so enjoyed our time together in Asia this past fall and it was great to get to know you so much better over the course of our trip. Your heart for missions is so beautiful and your heart for the Lord. You're so wonderfully funny as well. And I will never forget all the times we laughed together, even at stupid things :)
One other thing I will never forget is the first time I ever saw you. It was at leader's training for a Bright Lights conference and when you came in you looked very aristocrat and proper and a good Christian girl. What I didn't see was that there was a girl named Dani right below the skin of Danielle:) who was so much like Chrissy who is right below the skin of Christine.
It wasn't too long before I started to realize how much fun you were but I didn't like you just because you were fun but because I saw such a love for Jesus! I told my mom more than once (and you can ask her if it's true) that "I wanted to be like Dani". Your love for the Lord shines through your beautiful smile, your love for others, your passion for the lost, and your wonderful voice lifted in praise to your God (sometimes even singing songs you have written).
I'm so glad God created you and blessed my life with knowing you and having the honor of being one of your close friends even though the miles between us separate us.
I love you, Jie! Happy Birthday!

Isn't she beautiful?!


Dani and I holding the lizard we caught in S'pore.

And then the big, beautiful, brown, Italian, eyes of Danielle.


7 comments:

Bekah May said...

Well, it just so happens that I'm the first to comment...and I haven't had the opportunity to meet Dani. But I really want to! Happy Birthday, Dani. I hope you have a fabulous day. And thanks for all the comments you have left on my blog - you're so encouraging!

-C A I T L Y N said...

Hey well I want to tell Dani Happy Birthday too! I have yet to meet you but I have heard wonderful things from all the Bright Lights girls!

Sarah Mally said...

Hi Dani!! I didn't know that yesterday was your birthday! I'm so sorry that I missed it. But Happy Birthday a day late! Ditto to everything Chrissy shared. I'm so grateful God brought you along to serve in the Bright Lights ministry over the past year and a half. I'm sure you have no idea how much the Lord has used you. I know I have really appreciate the many times you have encouraged me. And as Chrissy shared, I appreciate your passion for the Lord and for reaching the lost, your sincerity, and your love for Jesus which spills out to everyone around you. Thank you for your example of keeping your focus on Heavenly things. I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for you this coming year. May He lavish you with His blessings and grace. Thank you so much for your friendsip. Love you, Sarah

Grace Mally said...

Happy Birthday Dani!!!!!!
Remember-- Every year gets better when we know the Lord. :)

Love ya,
Grace

Dani said...

You guys are all so sweet! Thank you very, very much. :)
~Dani

Aweakness4themysterious said...

Oh, Those Big Brown Italian Eyes.
I've been Smitten :-)

Aweakness4themysterious said...

Oh those Big Brown Italian Eyes.
I've been Smitten :-)