Monday, January 5, 2009

Where to begin....

Where do I begin! It's been such a packed holiday season since last time I posted! Wow, it has been a blast and it's hard to excepted that real life is upon us once again.
We had a small quiet Christmas. We got together with my Grandma for presents and then had one of the families we know over for a late lunch or luncher whatever you prefer.
Andrew and I both got each other hats for Christmas and we love them! I'm glad that hats are back in. They're so much fun and they really come in handy on a bad hair day.



The day after Christmas, the 26th, we left for Colorado where we visited our friends!
We known quite a few families who have moved to the CO Springs area and Andrew and I are hoping that some day it will be our turn!
We saw and spent time with the McDills, the Faehs, and stayed with the Lueckes.


Here are some pic that I took at Garden of the God's. I love that place and I got to enjoy it twice this trip.
This next pic is of the Kissing Camels in GOTG.
God's creation is sooooooooooooo beautiful and amazing!
One day while staying with the Lueckes, we, the kids, decided that we wanted to go for a hike at Garden of the God's. It was a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time! I'll tell you what, it was a little weird being able to hike in the dead of winter.
So here they are, in IBO ( in birth order, thanks to Dave McDill I learned another appreviation):
Kristen: a beautiful, fun, bible school student, working, oldest sister, wonderful baker, young woman.
Andrew: Little brother turned big little brother, one of the funniest people I know, fun, one of my best friends, young man.

Emma: another beautiful young woman, senior, older and younger sister, missions minded, animal loving, young woman.
Renae: a beautiful, craft loving, middle child, cute, taller every time I see her, fun, Andrew's Narnia partner, young lady.
Allen: a football loving, all boy, cute (he'd dislike me for saying that), sweet boy.
Jacob: youngest, older brother's constant playmate, Kristen's baby, trooper in keep up with all of us, and cute little goof (as the pic shows).
Climb, climb, climb.
As you can see, I had my camera along so we made a video with a news reporter, helpless civilians, and super hero. We had it all, okay, we forgot the evil villain but it was still good.
Here is a photo of our super hero, Luigi the Caped Crusader!
We came across this sign and I couldn't resist the opportunity to get a pic by it. I guess it's probably a little of my rebellious side coming out. I should have been standing on the other side of the sign though. Notice the $500 fine at the bottom.
Now that the holidays and traveling are over I will hopefully be posting more often. Also, I will probably be posting at least one of the many videos I took.

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Wow, it looks beautiful and you took some amazing pictures! You'll have to give me a few lessons!

Bekah May said...

Aww...looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Awesome pictures, Chrissy. Thanks for the update! I was wondering where you've been. :-)

Anonymous said...

Chrissy,

Cute comment about "hats" helping with bad hair days.......and I have to say, I agree with your adjectives of each of the Luecke clan (and also your brother!)