Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thought-Provoking Thursday...

Last Sunday at church we sang the song by Matt Redman, You Never Let Go. I know that I've heard this song before but I realized this time how much I like it.
It reminds us that God never lets go of us no matter what. It says "you never let go through the calm or through the storm". It might seem weird to some that it says through the calm but I have found that's when I need Him to hold on to me the tightest. It's during these times of calm that I tend to wander away from Him. You know what I'm talking about too I suppose because you've also experienced it. When things are tough and the storms of life come and we can't do it on our own people will find us crying out and clinging to our Lord. Yet when things are all going our way and there isn't anything that is driving us to our knees in prayer we so easily forget the one who died for us.
This is why I so love this, that He never lets go because if He did I would forever be lost. Thank you dear God for always holding onto me for casting out all fear and for giving me a hope and a future! If it weren't for You, I would have nothing to live for nothing to breath for that wasn't vain and unfulfilling.
Thank and Praise Him today for His everlasting love and His many daily mercies and for just being God Almighty!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

such a great song! :)