Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm back safe and sound! Praise the Lord! I had a pretty good trip and had some good talks on the way. I want to share about them with you but that's for another post. This post is about me being HOME and the beautiful Iowa fall weather.
I'm totally loving the cold weather here in Iowa. I guess when you've grown up here and lived with cold weather for 22 years it's hard not miss it when you are living somewhere where it's hot most of the time.
I went on a walk yesterday and was enjoying the beauty of where I live. I realized that it's easy to take for granted the beauty that you are used to and not enjoy it. Being gone for 2 months and coming back to the blazing/calming colors of fall helps me to enjoy it and want to capture it for other to enjoy.
So, tonight as the sun was soon setting, you could have found me out trying to get some good shots. My camera hates low lighting so I had to take quite a few for some okay or good ones. Enjoy and this is especially for you Fongs, so you can see just a tiny bit what Iowa looks like this time of year and also what I wear to keep warm.







2 comments:

Lois said...

Woah! Its so pretty over there! you must be really enjoying the weather over there! It's still hot here, can't wait for the winter to come!

Anonymous said...

Hey Chrissy - you look so happy and content! Welcome home!! Penny