Monday, October 13, 2008

Like the Jews

Okay, so here is the post that I promised last time. We helped make bricks! This picture has some of the other volunteers in it who are also in Mae Sai right now.
The orphanage is planning on making 2 mud brick houses and to do that they need 4,000 some bricks. As of right now they have 1,000 some.
This was the first day that they did it so everyone was getting involved. It was fun and something I definitely didn't expect to do on this trip. As Lydia, Lois, and I helped mix up the water, dirt, and rice husk we felt a little closer to the hearts of the Jews when they were in Egypt. I can't imagine doing that everyday! It's such dirt work but I managed to not get much on my clothes.

The process of mixing by foot :)

This was the guy who was incharge and who I think taught them how to do it.


Some of the finished products.

Some of the wonderful kids enjoying life.

Afterwards, some of the boys decided that they might as well enjoy a nice swim. It was a great way to get the mud off as well.

No comments: