Thursday, October 9, 2008

special day

Happy Birthday to me! Wow if that doesn't sound vain, I don't know what does:) Once again the Fongs made my day special! I told them not to do anything but of course that wasn't an option as you can see from the pics. I'm still not quite used to the idea of being 22 instead of 21 since the other day someone ask me my age and I said 21 and then had to correct myself. It little embarrassing but I lived through it.

When I got up, this sign was sitting on the table.

My birthday cake!

I had to go on a treasure hunt for my birthday gifts. It was so sweet of them and they wrapped the presents so pretty.

Here are my birthday gifts unwrapped, a necklace with matching earrings, and a personalized cup. Thank you so much Fongs for all the love that you have shown me since I met you! May God bless you very much and give you wisdom for all your ministry here in Thailand.

I also got a wonderful packet from my family that I opened the morning of my birthday in the quiet of my room. It was wonderful to be able to feel like they were with me in a little way. I received a card from my Dad, Mom, Andrew, Grandma, dog, and deceased cats:) (Mom you forgot to add Alfie's name.) Thank you soooo very much to my beautiful family. I love you all and miss you so much!

And thank you to God for all that he blessed me with in this past year and on my birthday!

I look back at this past year and so much has happened! I have attended Perspectives on the World Christian Movement; (which I would highly recommend) then my family and I went to Colorado for a week and returned to a flooded CR; I had the opportunity to take a 3 week course called TESOL where I was stretched; I also took a class at the same time concerning cultures which I loved; then we had some Singaporean friends in CR and family; I helped with 4 BL conferences; went to VA to visit family; and now have been in Asia. The Lord has been good and it's hard to believe that this summer and fall will almost be gone when I return home.

Now, I can see that Jesus gave me a quieter winter to take time for Perspectives and his word so that I would be better prepared for the busy crazy months ahead! I knew that my life was going to be full in the late spring/summer/fall but I don't think I knew how full. I thank God I didn't either because I would have been too overwhelmed.

Even though I went through times where it just seemed like too much he was always with me. All I had to do is ask him for help and comfort and rest in him. One time when I was at Wheaton bible college, I was feeling so overwhelmed and he showed me that he has always been taking care of me and watching out for me! It was so sweet! Thank you Lord for you loving kindness to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hello......The Fongs are so nice and kind and thoughtful.....I loved the ribbons on the packages.  That's the way we used to wrap gifts back in the old days when I was still a child:-)Isn't it nice to be thought of and remembered?Love you honey, Mom