Thursday, October 9, 2008

Wow!

Wow! What a wonderful encouraging time! We, Lydia, Lois, and I went and stayed at the orphanage. It is what I have been waiting for this whole trip. It was so good to be back and spend time with the kids! Especially my boy, Lor Sua. He can now speak Thai and when Lydia asked him how he learned he said by watching TV.
I was very encouraged to see that things are improving at the orphanage. Namely, one of the biggest things is that the man who started it is now a Christian and will soon be graduating from bible college. One of the biggest needs that I can see is that these kids have house parents. This isn't in place yet, but please pray for people who would be willing to give up to live with these kids and love them like Jesus does.

Me and Lor Sua. He loves attention and I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to return back to the US. He didn't want me to leave even today when we were just going back to the Fongs until he found out we would be back on Sunday and then he was okay.

I love this pic of him!

This is one of the many girls. She was playing around with the guitar when she looked up and saw me taking pictures of her. She was very sweet and was practicing her English on us. When we were there we gave some of the kids English names and hers was Ally.


One of the days some of the kids took us through the fields to the garden. It was so beautiful and refreshing there. Love this pic.

One morning I woke up to this beautiful sight! I so enjoyed looking at this mountain at different times of the day.

While we were there we enjoyed many things some of them being: teaching English, Lydia taught Chinese, eating with them, telling them the Kitty story from the conferences one night, playing with them, and something I didn't expect to do at all but that's for another post.....

4 comments:

-C A I T L Y N said...

It looks like you are having a great time! I love all your pictures and those kids are soo sweet~

Dani said...

Ah! I loved seeing these pictures! Beautiful country, beautiful children! I love your little boy he is SO adorable and cheery looking! Praise God for the incredible things you're getting to do!!!

Unknown said...

ok......Lor Sua.....he looks so much older from last year...it's amazing how grown up they get in one year...I'll have to pray for him for when you leave to come home........the photo of "Ally" is incredibly cute....it's hard to think they have no mother and no father........it's so sad......I'm glad God knows them......otherwise, I'd be even sadder......and the pic of the field was amazing..it looks fake it is so beautiful ...and looks like a poster someone would paint...and the mountain one I didn't even know it was a mountain, I thought it was the sky!

I feel so blessed Chrissy that you know Jesus' love for you....that is the absolute best life has to offer.

Love from mom and Jesus!

Grace Mally said...

Wow. What incredible pictures, Chrissy! Those are amazing.
And Lor Sua is so cute. He looks very sweet. I know it will so hard for you to leave him.
I'm sure he'll never forget you.
It's great to hear how well it's going.
Love ya,
Grace